About me

My photo
As defined by my occupation, I am a computer technician. I also love life and have a restless curiosity about new things. I am constantly amazed by the insight and creativity of others.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Land of light and shadow.

There’s a lot I could be doing right now. In fact, there's I lot I NEED to be doing and yet I'm sitting here typing. It happens like that sometimes. I can start the day full of promise, hope and energy, only to have it drain suddenly, almost inexplicably away. My mood crashes, leaving me cranky, unfocused, devoid of drive or enthusiasm, or sometimes, practically immobilized.

By the same token. The opposite happens as well. I can start the day glowering at the world through desolate and exhausted eyes, only to have a mid-day turn around, with a rush of enthusiasm and energy, and finish the day in high spirits.

Depending on the environment, my moods can change in a chameleon-like manner, ebbing and flowing like an emotional tide while I try to maintain an outer appearance of equilibrium. Most of the time, it works.

Fortunately, I have the day off so I don't even have to bother about keeping up appearances for customers and co-workers. Of course, at one point today, I know that I have to go to the dentist, and then pick up a new shower faucet, (That is, if I want to take a shower later on) but aside from that, I think I'll just stay here, pace back and forth, type a sentence or so, and go back to pacing.

The shades are drawn, and I am here, in the shadows, where I will wait until my inner lights switches back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment